Located in Piazza Benedetto Cairoli and recently refurbished, the monumental Renaissance Palazzo Santacroce was ordered by the Earl Onofrio Santacroce and designed by Carlo Maderno between 1598 and 1602. Some later modifications were brought by Francesco Peparelli in 1630 and then during the 19th century. A sort of little bridge used to connect the palace to the servants building. Once seat of a rich paintings collection, Palazzo Santacroce is nowadays seat of the Italian Latin American Institute. A beautiful fountain decors with Venus, winged little angels and dolphins embellishes the former garden.
Join The Discussion